We fund amazing people who want to revolutionize retail.
After being in your shoes for 20 years, we decided to create the first venture firm focused solely on retail technology start-ups.
We want Beanstalk to be the first place you go to raise capital.
For those of you on that quest, we thought it might be helpful to share a bit about what we are looking for so that you can decide if we are the right match for you. After all, the choice of partners may prove to be one of the most important decisions you will make.
We seek out businesses that have a compelling combination of both retail and technology:
- We invest in technology that powers any part of the retail ecosystem.
- We invest in e-commerce retailers and marketplaces.
We build teams with the next generation of talent by seeking entrepreneurs who:
- Are passionate and persistent.
- Communicate effectively.
- Listen actively.
- Put the customer first.
- Are doers that lead by example.
- Use technology to creatively solve problems.
There are three things we care deeply about:
- We like visionary leaders with a great capacity to execute.
- We like ideas that solve a big problem that is important to the person who approves the budget for your product.
- We strongly prefer to be your first investor so we may have a meaningful stake in your success.
If this seems like a match, you may want to read about us or contact us.
“Ken’s depth of experience at the center of retail and technology is rooted in the strength of his relationships in both of these industries, which can often feel worlds apart. Ken brings a rare empathy for founders and teams borne out of his experience as an entrepreneur and passion for new ideas.”